Texas Hurricane Preparation - Right Fence Company - Greater Houston Area
If your home and family hurricane ready? While there aren’t many ways to secure your fence for a hurricane, there are plenty of ways to prepare your home and protect your belongings and family. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has a good guide checklist to get ready for another big one. We are entering peak hurricane season, and it’s time to be ready.
FAMILY DISASTER PLAN
- Discuss the type of hazards that could affect your family. Know your home’s vulnerability to storm surge, flooding and wind.
- Locate a safe room or the safest areas in your home for each hurricane hazard. In certain circumstances the safest areas may not be your home but within your community.
- Determine escape routes from your home and places to meet.
- Have an out-of-state friend as a family contact, so all your family members have a single point of contact.
- Make a plan now for what to do with your pets if you need to evacuate.
- Post emergency telephone numbers by your phones and make sure your children know how and when to call 911.
- Check your insurance coverage – flood damage is not usually covered by homeowners insurance. National Flood Insurance Program
- Stock non-perishable emergency supplies and a Disaster Supply Kit.
- Use a NOAA weather radio. Remember to replace its battery every 6 months, as you do with your smoke detectors.
- Take First Aid, CPR and disaster preparedness classes. (Continued Here)
Now is also the time for Right Fence Company to take a look at your fence, especially if it is 10+ years old. We can install a new fence that will be much more hurricane resistant. Get prepared now!